Summer is approaching! ☀🏝
You’re probably thinking about how you can become fitter, healthier and happier than you are right now.
These 27 Fitness and Fat Loss Tips will get you on the right track for this Summer:
- Visualize the accomplishment of your goals each and every day. Experience the taste of success and feel that sweet satisfaction.
- Push the intensity of your workouts. Don’t kill time, burn calories by maintaining a challenging intensity.
- Use smaller plates at home. This effortlessly reduces calorie intake and promotes weight loss.
- Build accountability into your workouts so that you resist the temptation to take days off. The best way to ensure accountability is to work with a personal trainer either one-on-one or in a group training setting.
- Believe in yourself. Know with conviction that you CAN accomplish your goals.
- Drink water throughout your day. Do this by carrying a water bottle and opting for water rather than calorie-filled beverages. This simple action is extremely beneficial.
- Maintain your metabolism by eating a healthy snack or meal every three hours. This food should be unprocessed, low in fat and high in fiber.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Incorporate High Intensity Interval Training into your cardio workouts by performing bursts of high intensity rather than exercising at a single steady pace.
- It’s not about will-power, it’s about want-power. You have to want it.
- Do not eat processed foods. These items are high in empty calories and contain a plethora of chemicals that are harmful to your health.
- Stop talking about losing weight. Start doing it.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of carbohydrates and protein, so limit the amount that you consume. Fill your diet with lean protein and carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Be wary of products that are labeled as ‘health food’. Always read the nutrition labels.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet work with a personal trainer to guarantee dramatic results.
- Make a habit out of reading nutrition labels. Avoid items that are high in fat and carbohydrates.
- Destroy negative self talk.
- Avoid the trap of high-calorie beverages after your workouts.
- Be consistent with your workouts. Exercise three to four times each week.
- Expect more of yourself.
- High fructose corn syrup should not be in your diet. It is high in calories and will quickly derail your weight loss efforts.
- Challenge your body with each workout. Use different weights, do different exercises and break through plateaus.
- Eat lots of whole plant foods. Vegetables, fruits and whole grains are filled with fiber and antioxidants, vital for your good health.
- Do your cardiovascular exercise after weight training to ensure more fat burn. Your stored sugars will be depleted during the weight training then your body will rely on fat stores to get you through the cardio workout.
- Set specific, measurable goals.
- Start each day with a healthy breakfast. This important meal should be a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat to get your metabolism going strong.
- You deserve better…go get it.
If your goals have to do with losing weight and getting into great shape (and whose isn’t?) then guarantee your success by working with a fitness expert who can guide you to success.
I’d love to team up with you – together we will transform your body in 2018!
Call or email to get started today.